Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Novak Djokovic on His Wimbledon Defeat: 'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

As much I love rock n' roll, I'm also a dedicated tennis fan. My favorite player right now is Djokovic, so I was disappointed so seem his lose in the finals of Wimbledon. Having said that, I have to admit Andy played a remarkable game under a lot of pressure and expectations put on by the British media, crowd and himself.

At the press conference following his defeat, Djokovic said something interesting that jumped out: “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, I guess. I need to have that kind of mentality and move on. I'm still young, and hopefully I have more opportunities to win this title.”

This quote straightaway reminded me of Metallica's "Broken, Beat & Scarred." In fact, this song perfectly sums up Djokovic as a tennis player. He is the most relentless tennis player I've ever seen on the court. He never gives up, and never gives in, and fight to the final breath.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be automatically reviewed by the system, and by the author afterwards. So follow the guidelines listed below; failure to do so will result in your comment being removed.

- Keep comments nice and clean
- Don't include commercials/links to products
- You may include a link to your website if it's relevant

Facebook Page

Old School Followers