Sunday, July 14, 2013

Song Meaning: Thunderstruck by AC/DC

ARTIST: AC/DC | ALBUM: THE razor's edge | RELEASED: 1990
"Thunderstruck" is typical AC/DC hard rock material, but that doesn't mean it's bad by any stretch of the imagination. The song is about a celebration and having a good time, as it's often the case with most hard rock songs. Thunderstruck, however, specifically refers to the act of frightening a person out of the blue... in a good way. In other words, it's more of a pleasant surprise.

There are other theories on the basis of the song, but that's what I think of it. Since a picture is worth a thousand words,I'll better describe the meaning of the song visually:
Song Meaning: Thunderstruck by AC/DC
There you go... you've just been THUNDERSTRUCK! :-)
Song Meaning: Thunderstruck by AC/DC
And here's your followup reaction
 "Thunderstruck" was received well by critics and fans alike. As a result, it's been fixture on AC/DC's live setlist.The song was also responsible for propelling The Razor's Edge into commercial success, thus making it the best selling album since, maybe For Those About to Rock.

Thunder, thunder, thunder, thunder
I was caught
In the middle of a railroad track
I looked round
And I knew there was no turning back
My mind raced
And I thought what could I do
And I knew
There was no help, no help from you
Sound of the drums
Beating in my heart
The thunder of guns
Tore me apart
You've been
Thunderstruck

Rode down the highway
Broke the limit, we hit the town
Went through to Texas, yeah Texas, and we had some fun
We met some girls
Some dancers who gave a good time
Broke all the rules
Played all the fools
Yeah yeah they, they, they blew our minds
And I was shaking at the knees
Could I come again please
Yeah them ladies were too kind
You've been
Thunderstruck

I was shaking at the knees
Could I come again please

Thunderstruck, Thunderstruck, Thunderstruck, Thunderstruck
It's alright, we're doin' fine
It's alright, we're doin' fine, fine, fine
Thunderstruck, yeah, yeah, yeah
Thunderstruck, Thunderstruck
Thunderstruck, baby, baby
Thunderstruck, you've been Thunderstruck
Thunderstruck, Thunderstruck
You've been Thunderstruck

18 comments:

  1. This is a GREAT song to listen too when knowing you have to work late while on the 2nd shift like I had to last night. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


      Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

      JL...

      Delete
  2. It was an alright meaning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think that this song is referring to a mind blowing experience wherein one had to fend for oneself. So, in a way it's about a triumphant (or kingly) hardship as "there was no help, no help from you" yet there were "sound of the drums" and the travels on the "highway". ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY RIGHT!!! "Keep on rockin'in the free world!"

      Delete
    2. It's about shooting up speed and partying and fucking on the speed, actually listen to the lyrics.

      Delete
    3. It's a song about getting f'ed up and banging whores (the way Danny Devito says it) in Texas, not a dissertation

      Delete
  4. I'm still waiting to be thunderstruck like the Texas part of the song,meanwhile I keep rocking...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still waiting to be thunderstruck like in the Texas part of the song,meanwhile I keep rocking

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally have my thunder stand! Yes! AHMAYZING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the song but how much virtue do you want to give for a couple guys wanting to make the go again with a couple of hooker/strippers.

    "You want to come again well do you have another $50?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it refers some girls gave drugs to someone in order of stealing him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They passed through my home town of Houston, Texas and visited one of the best topless bars in the world at that time. The women were mesmerizing beautiful and everywhere. It's about that night. No hidden lyric meaning here, just about that night. I like the opening about caught on the railroad track, no turning back...well if you ever went there (80's and 90's) you would know that feeling. "No help from you"...because his bandmates were not going to get off the railroad tracks either that night. They were definitely staying too (LoL). Of course they ran up some crazy bill being played like fools that night. Know the story from those that were there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right, I'm from Houston, Texas, they had the time of there lives when they visited

      Delete
  10. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


    Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

    rq. .

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be automatically reviewed by the system, and by the author afterwards. So follow the guidelines listed below; failure to do so will result in your comment being removed.

- Keep comments nice and clean
- Don't include commercials/links to products
- You may include a link to your website if it's relevant

Facebook Page

Old School Followers